The Mk8 Ford Transit set new standards in the minibus category when it was launched in 2014 – As a platform for minor or major upgrade it’s unparalleled in it’s class and with our full wheelchair access conversion makes it ideal as an affordable EURO VI compliant vehicle for private hire, PSV operation, school contract work or non-profit social use.
The new generation ‘MCA’ facelift model launched in late 2019 and whilst remaining fundamentally similar from a passenger perspective to it’s predecessor, takes the core architecture of the Mk8 Model to new heights with a raft of upgrades under the skin – most noticeably is a switch to the 2.0l Panther engine which has been designed from the ground up to meet the latest EURO VI(d) WLTP emissions regulations and delivers more power, greater refinement, significantly improved flexibility from low RPM and also an ability to better handle stop-start urban driving cycles.
Elsewhere the addition of radar supported automatic braking assist, electronic power steering for full lane guidance and adaptive cruise control make journeys easier and safer – whilst and a new interior provides a more modern colour palette, standard fit USB charging ports and an infotainment system based around the excellent SYNC 8″ Touchscreen (standard on Trend & Limited, optional on Leader) which grants both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity to better integrate voice control, navigation and communication via a smartphone.
Our experienced conversion team install a bonded tracked aluminium floor which runs throughout the length of the vehicle and allows installation of lightweight Abacus Bodyguard seats fitted with all age adjusters and trimmed in OE cloth for a cohesive appearance – 10 of the 14 rear seats are equipped with Koller quick release fixings allowing for a range of interior configurations to accommodate upto 4 wheelchairs. 4 Seats are fixed over the wheel arches which are lowered to accommodate M2 tested legs and give increased passenger footwell space over the stock vehicle. Passenger access is provided by a large sliding side door with integral electric step and automatic overhead lighting, with rear wheelchair loading is facilitated by the fitment of a PLS Access Cassette lift – a visibility package including reverse warning beeper, high powered LED working lights and external signage ensures safe loading and unloading and the vehicle undergoes inspection to prepare it for PSV applications if required.
We carry a range of new chassis in stock at any given time which can be used as a basis for conversion to keep lead times down, but with 3 specification levels, a range of factory fit options, choice of colour and 2 engine power outputs it’s becoming increasingly common to custom order a chassis so it fits your exact requirements.
Please call a member of our sales team for more information on specification, availability, pricing, flexible finance and operational lease solutions and our wider range of dealer services including nationwide delivery and part-exchange.
Trend Specification Includes:
- 2.0l 130ps ‘Panther’ EuroVI Engine / 6 Speed Manual Gearbox
- Front & Rear Air Conditioning / Underfloor Heating Ducts
- Electrically Powered Slide Step With Automatic Or Driver Control
- Dual Frontal Airbags, Stability Control, Cornering Control, Emergency Brake Warning, Lane Warning & Pre-Collision Assist
- Electrically Heated, Adjustable & Folding Mirrors, Heated Windscreen
- Front And Rear Parking Sensors With Visual Display
- Automatic Projector Headlights & Rain Sensing Wipers
- Cruise Control And Adjustable Speed Limiter, Leather Steering Wheel
- SYNC 8″ Touch Screen Infotainment With DAB, Bluetooth, AUX, USB, Apple Carplay & Android Auto
Limited Specification Upgrades
- 170ps Engine Upgrade (£1,020 Option On Trend And Leader)
- Bi-Xenon Headlights With LED Daytime Running Lights
- Body Coloured Front Bumper
- Gloss Black Dashboard Trim With Aluminium Accents
- Leather Gearknob With Aluminium Surround
- Side Park Assist
- Heated Driver & Front Passenger Seat
- Blind Spot Monitoring
- Front & Rear Parking Cameras
Cost Increase = + £2,500 Over Trend Chassis Pricing
Leader Specification Adjustments:
- SYNC 4.2″ TFT Based Infotainment System
- Removal Of Air Conditioning, Rear Heating, PDC, Driver Convenience Functions, Cruise Control, Projector Headlights
- Retains Safety Systems, Electric Windows, Heated Windscreen & Other Core Features
Cost Decrease = – £2,500 Under Trend Chassis Pricing